Martin Gyampoh  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:53
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
May 13, 2015

Hi everyone,

I just installed the latest update for Trados Studio 2014 Freelance, SP2 11.2.4409.10. Since then, I cannot open any files, neither from old nor from newly created projects.

I receive the following error message (German version):

Die Methode "add_SegmentOriginTypeChanged" im Typ "Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranlsatonEditor.TranslatableDocument" der Assembly "Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888" hat keine Implementierung

Has anyone had the same problem? Does anyone know how to undo the update without re-installing the entire program?

Thanks for your help.

Martin

Direct link Reply with quote

Radu SDL
Romania
Cannot open files May 13, 2015

Hi Martin,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties after installing the latest update.
Please check if this helps:

1. go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > from the list of programs please perform a repair for SDL Trados Studio 2014 SP2

2. If this still fails please follow the Resolution from the below article:
http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4393

Hope it works!

Please update this thread if the issue still persist.
Thanks,
Radu SDL

France
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still not working May 13, 2015

Hi Radu,

thanks for your quick response.

The software repair did not help. The link cited as your second suggestion is a bit outdated. I cannot locate the folders mentioned in the link under Windows 8, and I don't just want to go about deleting files from some other folders.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks,

Martin

Radu SDL
Romania
Please check this May 14, 2015

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your update. I am sorry to hear that repair did not help.
Further to your reply the paths from the article sent are the same for both Windows 8 and Windows 7.

C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL - delete/rename the SDL Trados Studio folder
C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Local\SDL - delete/rename the SDL Trados Studio and ProjectApi folder

Unfortunately if you cannot see these folders it is probably because your folders are hidden - please check this link for how to view hidden files.
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/zxue/archive/2012/03/08/win8-howto-19-show-hidden-files-folders-and-drives.aspx

If the issue remains unsolved please browse here :
http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:SFTab:crumb:0
And please log a support incident for us

- Select download and installation problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio and/or SDL Multiterm 2009, 2011 or 2014.
- The installation went fine, but now I get an error message when opening or using the program.
- The problem occurs in SDL Trados Studio 2011 / 2014.
- None of the articles resolved my problem.

I hope this helps!
Thanks,
Radu

France
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Did not solve the problem May 14, 2015

Hi Radu,

Thanks again for your help.

Renaming the folders did not help either. I still get the same error message.

I have tried to log a support request, but I cannot log onto the site. I removed all cookie, pop-up etc. restrictions from the browser settings, but the site would still not open. Is there another way to log this problem (by mail or via my SDL account)?

Regards,

Martin

Radu SDL
Romania
PM May 14, 2015

Hi Martin,

Sorry to hear about this.
Please message me your e-mail address and contact information and I will raise this case on your behalf.

Thanks,
Radu

France
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved after re-installation May 15, 2015

Hello Radu,

Your colleague checked the old installation and could not fix it either, so I had to uninstall and re-install Studio. The problem seems to be solved now.

Thanks again for your support.

Regards,

Martin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error after latest update (13 May 2015) - Cannot open files

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search