Studio 2014: Edition differences in handling docx project package?
Thread poster: kmj119
kmj119
Japan
Japanese to English
+ ...
May 14, 2015

I am using SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance Plus. Now I am assigned to a localization project whose project package does not include docx source files due to file size considerations. Accordingly, it is impossible to perform export batch task in this project because of errors (Access to the path of the original file denied).

This situation may be due to losing the dependency links between the sdlxliff files and their corresponding source docx files by not including the source docx files in the same path as the sdlxliff files when creating the project package.

Then, the PM of the project tried to restore one of the links by opening a sdlxliff file. When asked if you specify its source file the PM copied the appropriate docx file to the same folder as the relevant sdlxliff and then selected the docx file in the dialog. And then updated the sdlxliff by typing in some translations in the target segment and saving the sdlxliff. With this procedure it became possible to export the file.

But, the result of this procedure could not be reproduced on my side using my copy of Studio 2014 Freelance. The only difference seems the editions: the PM is using Professional edition of SDL Trados Studio 2011. So this problem may be due to project package handling restriction(s) on Freelance edition?

Best regards,
KMJ119

[Edited at 2015-05-14 10:33 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-05-14 10:35 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014: Edition differences in handling docx project package?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search