Quoting for reps & cross-reps
Thread poster: katiej
katiej  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:57
French to English
+ ...
May 14, 2015

I'm new to Trados (Studio 2014) and I'm looking for some advice about quoting. I was recently asked to quote for a job that involved translating 6 documents. I was sent a rate grid for repeats and fuzzies by my agency (with a percentage match of full per-word rate paid).

In the agency's analysis file, there was a row for repetitions and another one for cross-repetitions. My agency asked me to provide my rate for "Repeats", so my question is do "repetitions" and "cross-repetitions" both count as repeats, in which case I would add the 2 figures together?

Apologies if this has been covered already in the forum.

Many thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 07:57
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Repetitions are repetitions May 14, 2015

I wonder why the customer treat the two differently. For me repetitions are repetitions, regardless if it's in one file or across many.

The danger with cross repetitions is if the repetition is from a file you have not received from the customer, then the customer and you will end up with different analyses. I have experienced this a few times, and it is not nice to have to discuss the situation because the coordinator doesn't consider that he or she has split the whole project between different translators.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quoting for reps & cross-reps

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search