Help.. I am fairly new to Trado. Unclean file?
Thread poster: Echo (Sin Jin) Lim

Echo (Sin Jin) Lim
United States
Member (2004)
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 14, 2015

I am trying to save my translated file as unclean file but I my trado studio 2014 doesn't have the black color save as icon or me to do that, please kindly advise.

Regards,
Echo

Direct link Reply with quote

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 23:59
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
The "uncleaned" files are really the working files May 14, 2015

"uncleaned files" are really a remnant from Trados. It is only referring to the bilingual project files that you work in in the old Trados. If the customer asks for an "uncleaned" file, either they refer to the old Trados style file (for instance from Tag Editor) or just mean the sdlxliff file that Studio is producing.

So you don't save anything to create an uncleaned file (and you didn't do that in Trados either, for that matter).

You are not referring to a cleaned file? If you do, then open the Files view, right click the file in question, choose Batch Tasks > Export files

[Edited at 2015-05-14 19:26 GMT]

Echo (Sin Jin) Lim
United States
Member (2004)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Roy! May 14, 2015

Does it mean I just need to send the client sdlxliff file?

Echo

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 23:59
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
It depends on what you received from the customer May 14, 2015

If you only received a Word file for instance, you probably will have to ask the client, in case it for instance is a ttx file he wants and not an sdlxliff file. But xliff files are the standard in the translation industry these days, so normally you would return an xliff file (sdlxliff if it's from Studio, or for instance xlf if it's from some other CAT tool - basically it's the same file format regardless of the extension).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help.. I am fairly new to Trado. Unclean file?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search