Thread poster: Jacques DP

Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 01:18
Member (2003)
English to French
May 18, 2015

Hello there,

I don't think I had that previously, it seems to be linked to a recent update of Studio 2014, but presently every time an AutoSuggest list pops up, I also get a tooltip ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tooltip ) that simply repeats the first item in the AutoSuggest list, and the tooltip hides the line of text on which I am presently working which is not convenient at all.

Do you also have that and are you aware of a way to get rid of it?

Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Did you install the Dictionary plug-in? May 18, 2015

Did you install the "Dictionary plugin" from Open Exchange? This might explain as it shows you the definition of the word you click on.

What is the content of this tooltip?

Walter

Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Member (2003)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Indeed linked with a plugin May 18, 2015

Hi Walter,

I just realized that it's indeed linked to a plugin I've been recently experimenting with, namely SDL's MT AutoSuggest (with GT as a provider) for sub-segment suggestions. The tooltip just shows the first suggestion.

[Edited at 2015-05-18 10:30 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

AutoSuggest tooltips get in the way

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search