Studio 2014 - Corrupted TM after latest update (Trados crashes)
Thread poster: Sian Cooper

Sian Cooper  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:49
French to English
+ ...
May 19, 2015

Hi all. I'm trying very hard to remain calm, but not doing very well.

Trados this afternoon suddenly took me into 'readying for first use' mode when I opened it (possibly due to roll out of the usage feedback option?). So I went through resetting all (I hope) my system options, defaults, keyboard shortcuts etc. Tedious or what. Most annoying being that the projects list is now blank, but otherwise all seemed OK. I carried on working on a French language project (which, evidently, I had to Open, not select from the list). I note that it is, I believe, a project that I last worked on in Studio 2011.

Subsequently Trados advised me there was an update available. It appeared to install OK, but I note that I did not get a 'successful' message, nor did it ask me to reselect my languages, so with hindsight it would appear it had not fully installed. But it let me carry on working, which I did.

I was prompted to install the update again when I re-opened Trados just now. So I went with it - it advised me that some of the files had already been downloaded so I selected to continue, not to redownload everything, and reapplied the update. This time I got an 'update successful' message, and on reopening Trados I had to redefine my languages.

I went into TM view - there too all my previously opened TMs had been cleared from the list, so I selected to open my main FR-EN TM - the one I had been updating this afternoon. Trados crashed.

I tried again, same thing.

So I tried instead opening my main Spanish one - which I had not made any updates to today. It is fine.

I conclude that there is some corruption in my main FR-EN TM. I really, really do not want to have lost that - havn't exported it recently (mea culpa ok).

Can anyone suggest anything, please?

Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

Sian Cooper  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:49
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Scare over (don't know why...) May 19, 2015

Hi - so I just tried re-opening the TM that crashed - with the Spanish one already opened successfully - and it has not crashed. I opened a few more and all seems fine.

So apologies for panic - actually I think I was very calm given how much Trados has frustrated me today!

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 - Corrupted TM after latest update (Trados crashes)

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search