Thread poster: Erwin_Franz

Erwin_Franz
Latvia
Local time: 00:56
Russian to Latvian
+ ...
May 20, 2015

Dear colleagues,

I was wondering, if it is possible to view many files in one view in SDL Trados Studio 2014.

I could use such an option in order to work with 500 file project. It is very time consuming to open all the files one by one. I know that Memoq offers such option. Is it there such function in Trados 2014?

Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 23:56
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
I am doing that all the time May 20, 2015

In the Files view you just choose all the files, right click, and choose Open for Translation. Then all the files open in the same window.

Incidentally you could also merge the files if you prefer that, though I don't see any reason to do so.

[Edited at 2015-05-20 15:34 GMT]

Erwin_Franz
Latvia
Russian to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I tried it May 21, 2015

Thanks Roy!

I tried to do this but I am getting error messages. First, "An unexpected error occurred while activating the document view". Then, there is "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Finally, I am able to see the view but I am not able to edit or change segment status. It also says "Check Out Required".

Has anyone any suggestions?

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
You need to check out the files before working on them. May 21, 2015

I take it you have a Groupshare project. If so, the files have to checked out from the server before you can work on them.

Make the Groupshare project active, right click and choose View project files.

Choose all the files in the project, and click the Check Out icon in the GroupShare group.

When that is done, you should be set.

Erwin_Franz
Latvia
Russian to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's not a Groupshare project May 21, 2015

Thanks for reply Roy but unfortunately it's not a Groupshare project:( I just created a local project and imported a folder structure in it.

SD van Ginkel  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
Solution Mar 3, 2016

For anyone who still has this problem, here you can find the solution:
http://kb.sdl.com/?article=7397&cid=23#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:7397

It includes a handy step-by-step instruction video.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Viewing many files in one view

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search