Error message "impossible to find file"
Thread poster: Michael GREEN

Michael GREEN  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:46
English to French
Jun 1, 2015

Hi,
I have Trados Studio 2009, with updates. The working language is French, so I'm not sure of the exact messages in EN.
I use Trados 2009 rather than a more recent version because I am actually retired, and accept jobs now and again to help my former clients.
I am translating a technical manual in Word (.docx) format - 50 Mb (mostly due to a large number of illustrations).
When I try to "clean" the file I get the error message "impossible de trouver le fichier" (impossible to find the file), and the path shown is just "\....
This is obviously ridiculous because I have been working on the file under Trados ...
Also the file format is displayed as Word 2007 when it is in fact Word 2010.
Is it a problem of computer memory, maybe?
Or some other bug?
Thanks for any help ...
Michael Green

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message "impossible to find file"

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search