Developer Needing First Time Help
Thread poster: groovyd
groovyd
United States
Jun 4, 2015

I just setup the demo account for testing translation web services from within our VS2013 app. I got the appropriate apiKey setup and put it in our code that does the POST to SDL as such (outed part of apiKey for safety):

POST http://lc-api.sdl.com:443/translate HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
Content-Type: application/json
Authorization: LC apiKey=P1N****************3ptA%3D%3D
User-Agent: MyAgent
Host: lc-api.sdl.com:443
Content-Length: 53
Pragma: no-cache

{"text":"Hello Developers", "from":"eng", "to":"fra"}

All I get back from the post is this (while also running fiddler):

06/03/15 20:33:56 [11352] INFO Instance %% - WebCaller::Post: OK
06/03/15 20:33:56 [11352] INFO Instance %% - WebCaller::Post: '[Fiddler] ReadResponse() failed: The server did not return a complete response for this request. Server returned 0 bytes.

and from fiddler...

HTTP/1.1 504 Fiddler - Receive Failure
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 00:33:56 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Connection: close
Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate
Timestamp: 20:33:56.573

[Fiddler] ReadResponse() failed: The server did not return a complete response for this request. Server returned 0 bytes.

What am I doing wrong?

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:28
English
Possible... Jun 4, 2015

groovyd wrote:

What am I doing wrong?

... posting your question here is the first thing you're doing wrong I don't know what API you are connecting to (I'm not a developer) but I'd hazard a guess it's the Language Cloud API. So the best place to ask your questions are in here:

https://community.sdl.com/developers/language-developers/

This is a community for developers across all the SDL Language products with public APIs. You'll stand a better chance of getting help in there.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

groovyd
United States
TOPIC STARTER
Problem Solved Jun 4, 2015

Cheers and thanks for the re-direct. It just threw me into this page somehow from clicking on support on the website and it wasn't clear what forum to go to. Solved the original problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Developer Needing First Time Help

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search