Studio 2014 wants SP1 although SP2 installed
Thread poster: Andrea Garfield-Barkworth

Andrea Garfield-Barkworth  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:58
Member (2015)
German to English
Jun 5, 2015

I am travelling at the moment so am using Studio 2014 on my laptop. I swapped the licence over beforehand and I was immediately informed of an available update. I duly installed the update which was SP2 and now Studio constantly tells me that an update is available and that it is SP1 only this does not show up in my account as the SP2 is now available.

Do I really need to install SP1 because this will mean de-installing SP2 first presumably?

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 23:58
French to German
+ ...
You should not downgrade Jun 7, 2015

I suggest you check which version is currently installed by going to "Help - About ...".
If you have installed SP2 as you said (this is a full install with an installer you previously downloaded from your user account), it should also show SP2 and in that case Studio should not prompt you to install SP1.

If you really run SP2 already and Studio prompts you to install an update, have a close look at the version it suggests because this will probably be a "Cumulative Update" (probably 10), which you should then install. CUs can be installed directly from within Studio whereas Service Packs need to be downloaded from your user account.

Walter

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 wants SP1 although SP2 installed

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search