Thread poster: 564354352
564354352  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 07:39
Danish to English
+ ...
Jun 8, 2015

This is a question directly aimed at SDL Support:

Has Studio 2015 been prepared for Windows 10?

And, will earlier versions of Studio be affected by an upgrade to Windows 10?

Edited for Monday morning blunder:
I do apologise for raising an issue that is already being discussed in an earlier thread.
Still hope that SDL Support notices our eagerness to be sure the two upgrades are compatible.

[Edited at 2015-06-08 04:33 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Windows 10... Jun 8, 2015

... has not been released for production yet (as far as I'm aware), but we do intend to support it as we do for every windows release.

Right now I am aware of a few people using the W10 technical preview with Studio 2015 Beta and it seems to run perfectly well; and we are testing in this environment too.

But it's impossible to foresee problems that might occur as a result of breaking changes in the release version of W10 when they move into production.

So all I can say is that we fully intend to support W10 for all supported versions of Studio and MultiTerm.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

564354352  Identity Verified
Denmark
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Paul Jun 8, 2015

I hoped this would be the case.

It is highly unusual to be asked to accept / pre-book two so significant upgrades at practicallly the same time, so this is good to know.

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Yes, thanks Jun 9, 2015

I basically asked the same question in a different thread, as I knew that some people have used the preview version of Windows 10.

I have preordered it, though it may be I either will wait some time before I actually install it (the first users of the released version is usually the last beta testers), or have it run parallell with Windows 8.1 on the machine, in case I get some problems. (I have also preordered Studio 2015, incidentally.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015 and Windows 10

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search