How to reinstall Trados and Termbase 2013
Thread poster: László Radácsy

László Radácsy  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:31
Bulgarian to Hungarian
+ ...
Jun 12, 2015

I experienced a problem with Termbase, that is why I deinstalled it and decided to reinstall from scratch. The deinstalled version was SP2 and it must have leftover files because when I want to reinstall it, it says I have a higher cersion and before installing it I must remove it. I searched after it in registry, I looked after and deleted any file related to it but the only result was that I deleted a file realted to Trados, so it ceased to work too. Then I began the same process with Trados (originally SP2 too, with the same result. Do I have any choice except reinstalling the whole system? And why can't a program normally deinstall itself?

Thanks for any help in anticipation.

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Which version of the SW are you referring to ? Jun 12, 2015

Hi

It would help if you would tell us the correct name of the version you have a Problem with. Are you referring to Studio 2011 or to Studio 2014?
SP2 simply means "Service Pack". As there is a "Service Pack 2" both for Studio 2011 as for Studio 2014, the indication SP2 alone does help at all.

And when you say that you deleted a "file related to Trados", what do you mean by that? "Trados" was the name of the company before it changed to SDL, but not the name of a Software product, so it it does give us any clue about which SW you are talking.

Did you try to go to the "Programs and Features" in the Windows Control Panel? You will see there which SW is still installed and be able to uninstall it.

Walter

László Radácsy  Identity Verified
Bulgarian to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Version and my attempts to solve my problem myself Jun 22, 2015

OK, my version is Trados Studio 2014 SP 2. I uninstalled the program, and I couldn't install it back. Then I deleted every occurrence of "trados", "sdl", "multiterm" from the registry, and no success again. I deleted all the files which referred to these programs (had the mentioned words in their name) and no success.

[Módosítva: 2015-06-22 04:55 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to reinstall Trados and Termbase 2013

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search