International Translation Day 2017

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event on September 26-27th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

Studio 2014 identifies docx file as workbench when trying to load
Thread poster: Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert

Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:13
Member (2003)
English to German
Jun 16, 2015

Dear forum members,

when I tried to load a docx file (from Word 2013) into Studio 2014 (with latest updates installed) - I tried both in project and as a single file - it identified it as Workbench file, and of course got nowhere with it.

I seem unable to convince Studio that there is no Workbench attached to this file, and never was. In fact it is most certainly not bilingual. The only thing I did with the original file was saving it from a doc to a docx file, as I had several times had export problems when finalizing with doc files.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Best regards,

Christiane

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 16:13
French to German
+ ...
Remove the TW4WINMARK style Jun 17, 2015

Christiane

Your WORD document probably contains a TW4WINMARK style because it was (some time in the past) created by Workbench and this is why Studio recognizes it as a Workbench file.

You have two choices:

1. Go to File - Options - File Types - Microsoft Word 2007-2013 - Common" and check the option "Process files with TW4WINMARK style", then open your file again.

2. Open the file in Word, do a search for the style "Tw4WinMark" and remove all occurences of it, then save the file again.

Option 1 has the drawback that you will need to reset this option if you need some time in the future to open a real Workbench file.

Option 2 is the best choice if chances exist that you'll need to open this document again a few times in Studio in the future.

Walter

Dr. phil. Christiane Bohnert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:13
Member (2003)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much! Jun 17, 2015

Hello Walter,

thank you very much for your helpful tips.

Best regards,

Christiane

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 identifies docx file as workbench when trying to load

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search