Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
how to remove the editor's name in sdl studio 2014?
Thread poster: larrylee
RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:37
English
Just to make sure... Jun 23, 2015

larrylee wrote:

SDL Community wrote:

... in case you are receiving sdlxliff files with changes from multiple authors is to use this regex:

Search
(author=").*?(")

Replace
$1anon$2

So replace anon with whatever name you would like in the track changes. This will replace it in the Studio Editor, but it does not completely anoymise the SDLXLIFF because we also store the deleted/amended details with the username as well.

So you could also run this one:

Search
(?<=(created_by">|last_modified_by">))\w+

Replace
anon

I didn't run a really comprehensive check on this so back up your original first, but this seemed to work for me. I guess with a little ingenuity you could combine these two searches into one expression.

... somebody doesn't use an incorrect regex using your quote because you didn't use xml entities for the reserved characters and the regex displayed incorrectly... this really is a pain!!

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to remove the editor's name in sdl studio 2014?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »