https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/287150-which_batch_task_should_i_run_in_studio_2014_after_i_added_a_tm_to_the_project.html

Which batch task should I run in Studio 2014 after I added a TM to the project?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 11:06
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jun 17, 2015

Is it always Pre-translate so that segments can be populated with hits from the new TM? Or is it some other batch task? I did this long time ago, but remember the result was not what I had expected. Maybe because I had wrong TM settings before running the batch task. Although I expected then that the default settings would work fine.

And if I have Google Translate activated as second TM (aft
... See more

Is it always Pre-translate so that segments can be populated with hits from the new TM? Or is it some other batch task? I did this long time ago, but remember the result was not what I had expected. Maybe because I had wrong TM settings before running the batch task. Although I expected then that the default settings would work fine.

And if I have Google Translate activated as second TM (after the main TM), I will not get anything machine translated by running a batch task, will I? I don't want that, just have Google Translate hits as reference in the TM window.
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 11:06
French to German
+ ...
Run pretranslate again Jun 17, 2015

Fredrik

Yes, if you added an additional TM, simply run the "Pretranslate" task again in order to get the matches from this TM as well.

There is no pretranslate for machine translation engines, their lookup is only interactive (segment by segment).

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »