In Studio 2014, how do I insert a hit from the termbase or TM in a segment with tags?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jun 18, 2015

In Studio 2014, how do I insert a hit from the termbase or TM in a segment with tags?

Normally if there are no tags in the segment I just press CTRL + 1 to insert the first listed hit from the TM (or CTRL + 2 for the second hit etc.). I've forgotten the shortcut for inserting hit from termbase.

But this doesn't work when there are tags in the segment, because the tags get deleted if I follow above procedure. So I wonder if there is any way to still be able to use above procedure (pressing a shortcut combination to quickly insert hits from TM/termbase) even when there are tags in the segment?

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 00:39
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Insert the tags seperately Jun 18, 2015

There is no way the software could know where to insert the tags, so this is the work you are paid for. This is one reason why it is a bad idea to accept rebates for high-percentage matches. You never know how long you have to work on a segment with lots of tags.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 23:39
French to German
+ ...
There are two ways to insert a term Jun 18, 2015

Hi Fredrik

In order to insert a term in Studio, you can either:

1. Hit CTRL-SHIFT-L. This will show you the recognised term(s) in a similar way as the AutoSuggest function does and you can simply select the correct one and hit Enter.

2. If you type the first letter of a recognized term, the AutoSuggest function will pop-up, showing the reconized term on top of the list of suggestions. Same as before, select the right term and hit Enter.

I don't see how this should be hindered by tags in your segment. You can insert a term anywhere in the segment, regardless of whether this segment contains tags or not.

Walter

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, that was convenient Jun 18, 2015

Thanks for the help Walter, that was much easier.

[Edited at 2015-06-18 07:06 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search