juanpablosans  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:46
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 18, 2015

Hello again,

I know I am a little annoying here, but I would like to know if there is any filter/way that will allow me to manage different locales in an Excel file, translate them in the column they need to be, and then have them back in the Excel file, while updating the TMs.

I am a PM for an agency that has a huge repository in Excel multilingual files (that is constantly updated), and I need to prepare files for translators and for translation agencies. However, when translation agencies send their work, I cannot find a way to put their job back to the repository without affecting the updates, and I have had to copy and paste it. Therefore, I need a way for Trados to allow me to update those files with a TM, without deleting the new content that might be in the file.

Cheers

[Editado a las 2015-06-19 08:13 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: poster's request

juanpablosans  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:46
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Clarification Jun 19, 2015

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. What I have is the following: I am a PM for an agency that has a huge repository in Excel multilingual files (that is constantly updated), and I need to prepare files for translators and for translation agencies. However, when translation agencies send their work, I cannot find a way to put their job back to the repository without affecting the updates, and I have had to copy and paste it. Therefore, I need a way for Trados to allow me to update those files with a TM, without deleting the new content that might be in the file.

So, basically, I need a way in which I can update the files in the columns for the relevant languages.

Cheers

[Editado a las 2015-06-19 08:18 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multilingual filter for Excel?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search