Studio 2014: changing my 5 preferred languages
Thread poster: Francesco D'Alessandro

Francesco D'Alessandro
Spain
Local time: 04:13
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 22, 2015

Good morning, I read that in order to change my 5 preferred languages in Studio 2014 SP2 I must first uninstall the product and reinstall it, so that when starting it again I'll be offered to select the new languages. At the present time my 5 languages are: US English, UK English, French, Italian and Thai. I'd like to replace US English with Spanish, so I completely uninstalled Studio 2014 and all the related applications (Passolo, Multiterm etc.) and then reinstalled Studio 2014. However in so doing I was NOT offered to select again my new 5 languages and when I opened the software to create a new project, my OLD 5 languages were still there. What went wrong? Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL_Guillaume
Member (2015)
Reinstallation of SDL Trados Studio 2014 Jun 23, 2015

Dear Francesco,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

If you are unable to change the languages, this indicates that the de-installation has not been completed.

You will need to have all your SDL licenses and programs deactivated and deleted from your machine to be able to change the 5 languages.

Please go into your Control Panel, then click on Programs to uninstall the programs.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us via our Live Chat: bit.ly/SDLChat

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Francesco D'Alessandro
Spain
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jun 23, 2015

Thank you Guillaume. This is what actually happened just a few minutes ago:
I checked for updates, I found one, installed it... Studio 2014 restarted on its own and asked me to select the 5 languages "for first-time use"... I did... and that was all. Just good luck that it happened so without my intending it. I'd appreciate it if you would convey to a market leader such as SDL my opinion that changing one's 5 languages should be made much easier than it is, i.e. in a few clicks from within the tool. Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014: changing my 5 preferred languages

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search