Studio 2014: changing my 5 preferred languages
Thread poster: Francesco D'Alessandro

Francesco D'Alessandro
Spain
Local time: 17:11
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 22, 2015

Good morning, I read that in order to change my 5 preferred languages in Studio 2014 SP2 I must first uninstall the product and reinstall it, so that when starting it again I'll be offered to select the new languages. At the present time my 5 languages are: US English, UK English, French, Italian and Thai. I'd like to replace US English with Spanish, so I completely uninstalled Studio 2014 and all the related applications (Passolo, Multiterm etc.) and then reinstalled Studio 2014. However in so doing I was NOT offered to select again my new 5 languages and when I opened the software to create a new project, my OLD 5 languages were still there. What went wrong? Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL_Guillaume
Reinstallation of SDL Trados Studio 2014 Jun 23, 2015

Dear Francesco,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

If you are unable to change the languages, this indicates that the de-installation has not been completed.

You will need to have all your SDL licenses and programs deactivated and deleted from your machine to be able to change the 5 languages.

Please go into your Control Panel, then click on Programs to uninstall the programs.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us via our Live Chat: bit.ly/SDLChat

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Francesco D'Alessandro
Spain
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jun 23, 2015

Thank you Guillaume. This is what actually happened just a few minutes ago:
I checked for updates, I found one, installed it... Studio 2014 restarted on its own and asked me to select the 5 languages "for first-time use"... I did... and that was all. Just good luck that it happened so without my intending it. I'd appreciate it if you would convey to a market leader such as SDL my opinion that changing one's 5 languages should be made much easier than it is, i.e. in a few clicks from within the tool. Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014: changing my 5 preferred languages

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search