How to create TMX file on Studio 2014 Starter
Thread poster: Anna Adamczak

Anna Adamczak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 04:46
English to Polish
+ ...
Jun 25, 2015

I exported old files into tmw on old Trados 2007 but the client needs tmx. However, on Studio 2014 Starter TM maintenance options are rather limited. What should I do to get tmx file?

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:46
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
XBench Jun 25, 2015

If you had the Studio freelance version, you could either export your TM to TMX or use an Open Exchange app to convert the sdlxliff to tmx.

As you don't, I think it would be easiest to use Xbench. I think the free version, 2.9, will export an sdlxliff to tmx:
http://www.xbench.net/index.php/download

[Edited at 2015-06-25 11:57 GMT]

Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 21:46
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TRADOS 2007 will allow you to export tmx directly Jun 25, 2015

If you were able to export as tmw I assume you have TWB. Just use File->Export->Ok; in the Type tile you will have 3 "flavors" of tmx to choose from.

[Edited at 2015-06-25 13:53 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to create TMX file on Studio 2014 Starter

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search