Mujdey Abudalbuh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:37
Member (2009)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jun 27, 2015

Hello everyone,

My client has sent me an XLIFF file to translate (extension is .xliff). When I started a new project and added the file into the project files, my tool (SDL Trados Studio 2009) did not recognize the file type, and it identified the file as 'Reference' rather than 'Translatable'. Thus, it did not let me proceed with the new project wizard since there isn't any translatable file. I tried to change the file usage into 'Translatable', but an error message popped up saying "the selected file was not changed into translatable, because no matching file type could be found'

So, I looked at the supported file types to find the extension .xlf among the list. I changed the file extension into that (.xlf). The file usage was still identified as 'Reference', but I changed it into 'Translatable'. I was then able to proceed with the wizard, and everything looks fine now. I have created the new project, and I am able to edit/translate the file. However, I am still suspicious about the process. Should I expect any hiccups down the way. I do not want to spend hours working on the project to later discover that I messed up with the file structure or that I am not able to finalize the project for my client!

Sorry for hitting you with much writing, but I really appreciate your help or any feedback!

Thanks,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2009 does not recognize .xliff file

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search