Creating rules in Trados
Thread poster: davidhowell

davidhowell  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:05
German to English
Jun 28, 2015

Hello everyone! Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place and under the right title. I was curious if it is possible to set certain rules in Trados 2011. For example, if the segment starts with "***_" it will automatically copy over and confirm. Just wondering, because it would make my life a lot easier on this project! Thanks all!

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:05
English
No rules like that... Jun 28, 2015

... but you could filter on all segments starting with "***_" and then select them all and copy source to target in one go. In fact you could do this for all files in a project before you even start using the SDLXLIFF Toolkit on the OpenExchange.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

davidhowell  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:05
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jun 28, 2015

This worked brilliantly! Thanks so much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creating rules in Trados

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search