Thread poster: isabel faria

isabel faria
Portugal
Local time: 20:48
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jul 2, 2015

Hello ALL!icon_smile.gif

I received a project and tried to open it but I got a message saying there was an error as it was created in a version more recent...is there anything I can do?

I can create a NEW project and add the files that are in the source idiom of the project I received and work on them, but don't know if the final project will give problems to my client

Another thing: when creating this new project, I tried to add the database included in the project I got from the client, but there was another error, saying the databases are not recognized as PT-BRA, the target idiom of the project.

I checked with the client and he says the databases have PT-BRA as target and it doesn't matter if they were registered as PT-PT.

As I set PT-BRA as the target idiom for the project, what can I do so the databases are recognized and so the project recognizes and uses them?

BR
Isabel

isabel faria
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Someone, PLEASE help me Jul 3, 2015

No one knows how I can make the databases to be recognized?

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
Opening a project created in a more recent version than mine Jul 3, 2015

Hi Isabel,

Could you tell me what version you are using currently as I cannot find any licenses/accounts (except an expired trial license) registered under your name.
If you could provide the last 6 digit order number I can trace your license and we can assist you further.

Kr

Steve

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening a project created in a more recent version than mine

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search