Ronny Nielsen  Identity Verified
Dominican Republic
Local time: 01:37
Member (2011)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Jul 3, 2015

Hi all,

I wonder if it's possible to convert a target Word file back to PDF after translation in Trados Studio 2015? And if so, how?

[Edited at 2015-07-03 14:50 GMT]

Minh Nguyen  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 12:37
English to Vietnamese
With MS Word Jul 3, 2015

Ronny Nielsen wrote:

Hi all,

I wonder if it's possible to convert a target Word file back to PDF after translation in SDL Trados 2015? And if so, how?

If you have Office 2007 SP2 or later you can open any Word document in MS Word and Save as a PDF file.

Tony M
France
Local time: 07:37
French to English
+ ...
Use any PDF writer Jul 3, 2015

The fact of its being translated in Trados or not is immaterial (as long as it has been 'cleaned', of course!)

If you don't have Word 2007, all you need do is to use a PDF writer program: this will behave like a printer, so you just 'print' your word document to it, and hey presto! you have a PDF file.

You can buy Acrobat or one of the other paid programs, but for occasional use, I find the free version of Primo PDF from Nitro is very user-friendly and effective.

[Modifié le 2015-07-03 14:51 GMT]

Dominican Republic
Member (2011)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Convert target Word back to PDF after translation in Trados Studio 2015 Jul 3, 2015

Hi again,

Thanks for your answers. My question was actually if there exist such a functionality in Trados Studio 2015 (without Save as PDF in MS Word as suggested)

Minh Nguyen  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 12:37
English to Vietnamese
What is the difference? Jul 3, 2015

Ronny Nielsen wrote:

Hi again,

Thanks for your answers. My question was actually if there exist such a functionality in Trados Studio 2015 (without Save as PDF in MS Word as suggested)

Please correct me if I am wrong but I don't think such a feature is available in any Trados version. If you want you can use Solid Converter from http://www.soliddocuments.com/ because that is the PDF SDK/engine Trados uses under the hood.

LD

[Edited at 2015-07-03 15:07 GMT]

Dominican Republic
Member (2011)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Convert target Word back to PDF after translation in Trados Studio 2015 Jul 3, 2015

Great, thanks again for your helpicon_smile.gif

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:37
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Quick answer: no Jul 3, 2015

Ronny Nielsen wrote:

Hi again,

My question was actually if there exist such a functionality in Trados Studio 2015 (without Save as PDF in MS Word as suggested)

No. Studio converts the PDF to Word under the hood with SolidDocument (as Linh says) and so the target file format is also Word.
SolidDocument and other OCR tools would also produce a Word file, not a PDF.

You may be interested to read more about the new scanned PDF capabilities of Studio 2015 in a blog post I wrote this morning:
http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2015/07/03/studio-2015-i/

Liselotte K. de Hennig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 02:37
Spanish to German
+ ...
Thanks a lot, Emma! Jul 3, 2015

I would like to thank you for taking the time of explaining the new features of SDL Trados 2015!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Convert target Word back to PDF after translation in Trados Studio 2015

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search