https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/287815-terminology_recognition_in_segments_longer_than_250_characters.html

Terminology recognition in segments longer than 250 characters
Thread poster: Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:32
Finnish to French
Jul 5, 2015

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere, but it looks like the long-standing bug whereby terminology was no longer reliably recognized in segments longer than about 250 characters has been fixed in Studio 2015.

This is a longish (426 characters) segment in Studio 2014:

This is the same segment in Studio 2015:

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:32
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Aha Jul 6, 2015

Dominique Pivard wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere, but it looks like the long-standing bug whereby terminology was no longer reliably recognized in segments longer than about 250 characters has been fixed in Studio 2015.

I wasn't even aware of that but it could explain some of the inconsistencies I have been seeing in Studio 2014. Thanks for the tip; I will keep an eye on segment length in future.

Regards
Dan

Dmitry Pakidov
Dmitry Pakidov
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:32
It has actually been mentioned… Jul 6, 2015

…in the release notes:
Term recognition now works more reliably in long segments

The 255 character limit was lifted and now the Term Recognition window returns searches for terms found toward the end of a long segment.

Apparently, in SDL’s view it was not a critical bug, but rather a “limit” that was “lifted”.

While this bugfix is obviously welcome, as term recognition never worked correctly (i.e. in neither Studio version up till now at the very least), one is left to wonder whether it will be fixed in T2014 (which, unlike T2009, and now T2011, is still supported), or the actually working term recognition will remain a privilege of those who bought the new program version.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terminology recognition in segments longer than 250 characters

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »