Negative figure in wordcount - Trados 2009 Studio
Thread poster: SZM

SZM
Local time: 15:26
Member (2004)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jul 6, 2015

After completing a translation in 2009, the summary on the lower bar looks like this:

Translated words: 1105 (100.45%
Untranslated words: -5 (-0.45%)

In the Files view "In Revision" appears instead of "In Translation", next to the file name.
I have reinstalled Windows and Trados but the error remains.

However, if I transfer the whole Trados project to my other PC and open it there, everything is normal: no negative figures and no percentages with decimal fractions.
This is the only solution I have found until now.

This error is not fatal but annoys me.

If some of you has experienced similar error and found solution, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Umang Dholabhai  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 18:56
English to Gujarati
+ ...
Also in 2014..! Jul 6, 2015

I have noticed this occuring in Studio 2014 too..

Occasionally I have seen that some words remain "untranslated" on the counter even though each of the segments have been confirmed.

Nick Brisland, BA (Hons), AITI
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:26
Member (2013)
German to English
... Jul 6, 2015

Right click on the file, go to batch tasks and run Translation Count. That should solve it. I've had this happen a couple of times before and this has solved it - it doesn't seem to be too much of a major problem in the first place.

SZM
Local time: 15:26
Member (2004)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Dear Nick, your solution really helps, many thanks for your help. Jul 6, 2015

Nick Brisland wrote:

Right click on the file, go to batch tasks and run Translation Count. That should solve it. I've had this happen a couple of times before and this has solved it - it doesn't seem to be too much of a major problem in the first place.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Negative figure in wordcount - Trados 2009 Studio

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search