Thread poster: Miguel Ríos

Miguel Ríos
Mexico
Local time: 08:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 7, 2015

That's the issue.

The file is not so large, it's a 25-megs word file, so I don't think my system is out of memory, since I used to work with much larger files with Studio 2014.

I've seen in the forum that this is not uncommon, and they suggest that you open and close Studio or restart the computer, but this started last night and this morning I am having the same problem.

I even re-built the project (as a single document translation), and the TM kept my woek (I just had to wait for it to populate the target segments) (BTW, I think pre-translate should do this, but I just cant get it to work right).

I also tried to save the file with a different name into a different folder, but that didn't work either.

I am not worried, since the TM is working fine, but I think this sholdn't be happening.

Thanks for your help,

Miguel

Direct link Reply with quote

Miguel Ríos
Mexico
Local time: 08:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
still the same... Jul 9, 2015

From another post i tried deactivating the alphanumeric checkbox on the TM options, but the file keeps doing the same thing and I have to save a few times to get it done... also, the error message keeps popping when the autosave feature tries to do it's thing.

Today I created a new project for a different customer, and I am working on the first file... a 3 page pdf... again out of memory and no save... but this time it doesn't get saved no matter how many times I click on the icon.

Anyone?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2015 won't save my file, "System.OutOfMemoryException"

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search