Studio 2015: number localisation
Thread poster: Andrea Garfield-Barkworth

Andrea Garfield-Barkworth  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:05
Member (2015)
German to English
Jul 8, 2015

I write out the numbers from one to ten in my translation but Studio 2015 (as have the previous ones) gives me a number recognition error. Is there a setting somewhere to alter this?

Direct link Reply with quote

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Turning off the number check Jul 8, 2015

I too find that Studio at times is over eager when verifying. For instance, if there is a tag in front of a period, Studio complains that there is a space in front of the period, which there of course is not. I have not found any way to turn off this nuiscance without turning off the space check totally, though I think it is useful, since it at times does stop at places where there are unwanted spaces.

In the same way I suspect that Studio only checks that the numbers in source are also included in target, but is at the moment not programmed to check if the numbers are written out with letters in target. So I suspect you just have to live with it if you don't want to turn off the number check totally.

Having a setting where the Verify function checks for numbers in source and spelled with letters in target would probably be too big a programming task, since it would have to take in account all the different languages that Studio could be used to, which is quite substantial.

Roy

Andrea Garfield-Barkworth  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2015)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
You're probably right Roy. Jul 8, 2015

I don't want to turn off the number verifier as it is such an important quality check feature but this is something that I find annoying especially as SDL are advertising using the slogan:Your studio: your way.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Your Studio, your way! Jul 8, 2015

Hi,

Maybe turn off the ouot of the box number verifier if it's causing your problems... it's only a computer and computers don't know everything!

You can use the custom QA checks to check exactly what you want, your way. Or maybe try the Number verifier from the OpenExchange which is a pretty good alternative and not so fussy... many people prefer this anyway.

Either way, this is all just making use of the features and tools that Studio provide... your way.

Regards

Paul
SDL Community Support

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2015: number localisation

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search