How do I remove a TM that always is pre-selected for each new project I create?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jul 13, 2015

You can see on this screencast that there is a TM (Panasonic) that is always pre-selected each time I create a new project:

http://screencast.com/t/S1CVoDDvQr2

So each time I create a new project I have to uncheck all the four check boxes for this pre-selected TM.

Is there any setting I can change so this pre-selected TM never gets pre-selected again?

Related to this is that I add my TM I use for this project, but then when I have completed the last step of the project creation I get this error message:

"The translation memory 'D>\...sdltm' could not be found. Click OK to specify its location, or Cancel to disable this translation memory."

So each time I create a new project I have to browse to add this TM (even though I already added it a few steps earlier in the project creation).

[Edited at 2015-07-13 08:21 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 20:10
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Trados 2011/2014??? Jul 13, 2015

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:
Is there any setting I can change so this pre-selected TM never gets pre-selected again?
So each time I create a new project I have to browse to add this TM (even though I already added it a few steps earlier in the project creation).

[Edited at 2015-07-13 08:21 GMT]

From the screenshot I understand that it is the Trados Studio Interface.
Trados has "Options" to preset many issues before starting the new project translation. In "Language pairs" you can set or remove TM by default e.g. for EN>FR pair. Then every time you start the new job, the TM field is bank and you can manually set.

Soonthon L.

Lorenzo Bermejo
Local time: 15:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
File > Options Jul 13, 2015

Fredrik,
It might be happening to you because you have that specific TM inadvertedly selected in the corresponding Editor section of File > Options. See if you have it there.
Bet you do!
Good luck.

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I had it pre-selected in Language Pairs Jul 13, 2015

Great Lorenzo and Soonthon, thanks! I had it pre-selected as you said, in Language Pairs.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Change this in the project template Jul 13, 2015

Fredrik

Simply remove this TM from your project template by going to "File - Options - Setup - Project Templates".

If this happens when you open a document using "Translate Single Document", then you need to edit the settings of your default profile, If it is a project, then modify the appropriate project template.

Walter

Jean-Christophe Duc  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Create a template Jul 13, 2015

or rather different templates, with TMs, MTs, etc. if you have not already done so.
This way you get everything ready in one operation rather than having to back and forth.
I think you can also create a template with no tm.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search