Why do I have to add my TM a second time during project creation in Studio 2014?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jul 13, 2015

Why do I have to add my TM a second time during project creation in Studio 2014?

During project creation I add my TM I use for the project, but then when I have completed the last step of the project creation I get this error message:

"The translation memory 'D>\...sdltm' could not be found. Click OK to specify its location, or Cancel to disable this translation memory."

So each time I create a new project I have to browse to add this TM (even though I already added it a few steps earlier in the project creation).

Is there any setting I can change so I don't have to do this double work each time I create a project?

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 22:58
French to German
+ ...
Did you move the TM? Jul 13, 2015

Fredrik

When you create the project, it takes the settings of your project template. At the end of project creation, it checks whether it can find the TM and probably can't find it at the location that was stored in the template.

Check that the location stored in the template (you can see it when you move the cursor over the name of the TM) is correct and if not, modify it. You should not face the problem anymore after this.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search