SDL Trados Studio 2014: inconsistent terminology recognition in same document
Thread poster: nathalieif

nathalieif  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:53
French to English
Jul 13, 2015

Apologies if this query has already been posted elsewhere.

I would appreciate some help with this terminology recognition problem I am having with SDL Trados Studio 2014.

Working with multiple termbases open, but with one acting as default, it seems that this one term is not being recognised consistently throughout the entire document using the "Term recognition" function. However, I can find the term with the "Termbase Search" function.

I am completely drawing a blank here.

For reference, this particular example is happening as follows:

- The problematic expression in termbase is "médecin traitant".
- The term "médecin" is also present.
- In all other segments, the termbase automatically recognises "médecin traitant" in the source text. However, in one particular segment, it only recognises "médecin".
- The segment is not in tags.

Help please!

Andrea Garfield-Barkworth  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:53
Member (2015)
German to English
segment too long Jul 13, 2015

I believe this occurs if a segment is too large for some reason.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 19:53
French to German
+ ...
Does the term occur more than once in the segment? Jul 13, 2015

If yes, then it is only recognised the first time, unless you change the option in "File - Options - AutoSuggest" to show repeated occurrences of a same term (which is unfortunately off by default in pre-2015 versions, in Studio 2015 the default behaviour has now been changed)

Walter

United Kingdom
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
More information in response to feedback Jul 15, 2015

Andrea: I checked the length of the segment. It's 57 words. Would that be considered too long?

Walter: it only appears once in that sgment, so not a case of repeated occurrences. Although thanks for the tip on how to change the settings for that.

Any other ideas?

Many thanks.

United Kingdom
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Any more suggestions? Jul 20, 2015

Hi all

Are there any other suggestions? The same problem has occurred in another segment in the same document. One term from the termbase was recognised but not another.

If it is a question of segment length, I would understand if no term was recognised. The problme is that it recognises some but not all terms.

Any help would be much appreciated!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2014: inconsistent terminology recognition in same document

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search