Thread poster: Fabio Descalzi

Fabio Descalzi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 23:26
Member (2004)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 14, 2015

The story I am going to tell happens to me all the time.

Let’s say that yesterday I was working on project USABLE.sdlproj which is saved in folder USABLE. Today I receive a project sent by a client, named WANNABE.sdlppx, so I double-click on the file, SDL Trados Studio 2014 opens, etc… and when the whole story is over, what happens? The new project WANNABE.sdlproj (and all its accompanying folders) has been created inside the folder USABLE. And I was given no choice where to save it...

The next day I open another package sent by a client, named IMPORTANT.sdlppx. After double-clicking on the file Trados Studio opens, etc. etc…. and the opened project IMPORTANT.sdlproj and all its accompanying folders has been created inside the folder WANNABE. Once again: no choice to save it in a new folder.

So, you see: every time I open a project sent by a client, it ends up "lodged" in the folder of the previous project.

Is my Trados Studio idiotic? I guess not. So, what’s the problem with it? Why can’t I save opened projects in the folders I want?

Any help welcome!

Direct link Reply with quote

Lorenzo Bermejo
Local time: 03:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
Open the package within Studio Jul 14, 2015

Fabio, your problem has an easy fix.
Open your project package from the Project tab within Stuido, and in the middle of the window that appears, you will find the option to choose the folder where you want the project files to be extracted.
Also in this case, Studio will "remember" your previous location and use it if you don't change it the next time you open a package.

Chiara Scaramelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2013)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Problem with a XLIFF file within a Studio package Jan 19, 2016

Good morning everyone,

I've got an issue concernign a Trados Studio 2014 SDLXLIFF file within a package a client just sent me.

I can open the package properly, but when I click on the XLIFF file, my software whether colpases and shut down or just stand still and doesn't open the file I have to work at.

This is the only package that I can't open, all the others that I've got work perfectly.

Does anyone know what kind of issue would it be? Or how can I solve the problem?

Is it my "fault" or maybe the original file is corrupted?

Thank you in advance to all of you!

Have a good day,

Chiara S.

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
ask for a new sdlxliff file Jan 19, 2016

It is more or less impossible to say what is wrong - corrupted file or what. I would as a test ask the customer to resend just the sdlxliff file to see if you have more success that way.

Roy

[Edited at 2016-01-19 07:33 GMT]

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Reposted as a new thread: http://www.proz.com/topic/297410

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems when opening a sdlppx file in Trados Studio 2014

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search