False error from Terminology Verifier (Trados Studio 2014 and previous versions)
Thread poster: Constanza Toro
Constanza Toro
Constanza Toro  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 03:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 15, 2015

When I am translating I insert the target term from the termbase, however I am getting an error saying that the "Target segment does not contain the translated term for..."

The subsecuente segment contain the same term and the terminology verifier is working fine, that is to say, it is never detecting a false error as in the previous segment.

In Project Configuration -> Terminology Verifier -> Verification Settings:
- The box "Check for possible non-usage o
... See more
When I am translating I insert the target term from the termbase, however I am getting an error saying that the "Target segment does not contain the translated term for..."

The subsecuente segment contain the same term and the terminology verifier is working fine, that is to say, it is never detecting a false error as in the previous segment.

In Project Configuration -> Terminology Verifier -> Verification Settings:
- The box "Check for possible non-usage of target terms" is checked
- And the Minimum match value = 100%

producthelp.sdl.com says:
Check for possible non-usage of the target terms: Select this to check source segments are for known terms. Where a term is found, the corresponding target segment is examined to ensure that the correct term translation (from the termbase) has been used)
Minimum match value: This value expresses the minimum acceptable degree of similarity between the terminology in the source segment and the matching terminology found in MultiTerm using fuzzy match search techniques. The higher the value, the more similar the terms must be.

I already tried:

1) Delete the entry from the termbase, run the Terminology Verifier and get no error (off course!)
Then I insert the term again into de the termbase from the same source and target segments and I get the error again

2) I cut and pasted the target term form the subsecuente segment, and I still get the same error

3) I tried with Minimum match value = 70%, 50%, 30%, etc..., and I still get the same error

Thanks in advance for your help!
Collapse

Gabriel Catalan
Gabriel Catalan  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:47
English to Spanish
Terminolody Verifier settings Nov 7, 2017

Hi, hope you solved the issue.
I have the same but only able so reduce its impact changing Terminology Verifier Settings.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

False error from Terminology Verifier (Trados Studio 2014 and previous versions)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »