https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/288251-why_dont_i_get_any_tm_hits_even_though_the_analysis_gives_both_fuzzy_matches_and_100_matches.html

Why don't I get any TM-hits even though the analysis gives both fuzzy matches and 100 % matches?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 11:48
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jul 15, 2015

Why don't I get any TM-hits even though the analysis gives both fuzzy matches and 100 % matches?

I received a project package yesterday from a customer that initially had Swedish, Norwegian and Danish TMs selected in the project settings (all 4 checkboxes were marked, so all these 3 TMs should have been updated with my English to Swedish translations). But I asked the project manager if I shouldn't disable the 2 other languages' TMs, and the said I could do so.

But then
... See more

I received a project package yesterday from a customer that initially had Swedish, Norwegian and Danish TMs selected in the project settings (all 4 checkboxes were marked, so all these 3 TMs should have been updated with my English to Swedish translations). But I asked the project manager if I shouldn't disable the 2 other languages' TMs, and the said I could do so.

But then when I open the SDLXLIFF file to begin translating I get absolutely zero TM hits. Although the analysis says there are several hundreds of fuzzy matches, a few 100 % matches and several hundreds of repetitions. Totally 4,400 new words.

I tried creating a new TM and importing the SDLXLIFF file there, but nothing changes.
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Try to redo the analysis Jul 15, 2015

Fredrik

Is the TM you need in the package or does it just show up in the Project Settings but you don't have access to it?
Is the analysis you refer to yours or the one that was done by your client? What happens when you run the analysis again? Do you still get the same matches?

Walter

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
When I checked the checkbox for displaying internal hits it worked Jul 15, 2015

Hi Walter,

It worked fine now when I checked the checkbox for "Report internal fuzzy match leverage". I could see now after I have translated 15 % that all these fuzzy matches are internal fuzzy matches. So all hits I get from the TM will only be visible after I have translated some of the document.

brg (X)
brg (X)
Netherlands
Disconnect the TM Jul 15, 2015

and reconnect it.
I suspect that you do not have the right TM attached to the translation, or that Studio cannot find the TM you used for the analysis.
Always store all the TMs at the same place, in one files folder. Do not distribute several versions of the same TM in different folders on your hard drive.
Do not change the name of the TMs. Once they are called XUYSUS keep XUYSUS.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »