SDXLIFF and translation memory
Thread poster: Sue Davis

Sue Davis  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:33
Member (2015)
French to English
Jul 15, 2015

I am relatively new to Trados and am working with Trados 2014. I have been sent an SDXLIFF bilingual file to review a translation for a client but I can't work out how to apply the translation memory I have been sent in editor view. I can open the memory in TM view but obviously that isn't satisfactory, particularly as it is a long document and a long TM. Please help if you can!!!

Thanks in advance
Sue

Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 22:33
German to Turkish
+ ...
Do not open the TM in TM view Jul 15, 2015

when you do, it is for editing the TM. Close the TM in the TM view.

Open your project and than go to Project > Project Settings... tab.

There go to Language Pair > All Language Pairs > Translation Memory and automated Translation.

There in the window on the right side, you'll see an icon to add the TM you have. Add and follow the stepsicon_smile.gif

Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 22:33
German to Turkish
+ ...
What I wrote applies for Studio 2011. Jul 15, 2015

But I believe it is pretty much the same in 2014. Maybe few differences in tags. But the idea is the same.

Derval Malorie
Belgium
English to French
+ ...
Studio 2014 Jul 15, 2015

Procedure explained by Elif also applies to Studio 2014. Do not forget to thick the necessary boxes (on the right side) after having added the TM.

Sue Davis  Identity Verified
France
Member (2015)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Jul 15, 2015

thanks so much, I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Sue

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDXLIFF and translation memory

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search