https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/288271-filter_for_viewing_all_segments_except_the_repetitions_in_the_editor_view.html

Filter for viewing All segments EXCEPT the repetitions in the Editor view
Thread poster: Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa
Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa
Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 17:51
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jul 15, 2015

Dear all,

Do you know of any combined filter I can use to see all the segments except the repetitions in the Editor View in Studio 2014?

Thanks in advance!

Heloísa

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 23:51
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Use the lock feature Jul 15, 2015

I can't think of a way to do it in a single step, but you can filter for just the repetitions (Excluding first occurrence so you won't miss anything), leave them empty or translate as needed, select all the segments, and lock them.
Then, filter for only unlocked segments and you should have everything but the repetitions.

If you haven't translated them before locking, at the end of the project you will need to filter for locked segments, unlock them, and translate them using t
... See more
I can't think of a way to do it in a single step, but you can filter for just the repetitions (Excluding first occurrence so you won't miss anything), leave them empty or translate as needed, select all the segments, and lock them.
Then, filter for only unlocked segments and you should have everything but the repetitions.

If you haven't translated them before locking, at the end of the project you will need to filter for locked segments, unlock them, and translate them using the TM.
Collapse

Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's a great workflow Shai, but I'm reviewing the files with Track Changes activated... Jul 15, 2015

and for some reason Studio does not permit that you lock segments with Track Changes on. I need to leave the Track Changes as per client's request. I read that in the SDL community.

I tried what you suggested. It will be a great workflow for when I translate with many repetitions.

I was thinking that there may be a way to create a custom filter...

Thank you for your help!

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 23:51
English to Hebrew
+ ...
I see Jul 15, 2015

In that case you might want to try and filter for the repetitions, change their statues to Translation Rejected (or any other status that works for you), and then use the filter to exclude them. When you done with the rest, just filter for Translation Rejected (or what you end up using) and go over the repetitions.

Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Shai, that's an excellent solution! Jul 15, 2015

I tried and it worked!

Thank you very much!

Heloisa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Filter for viewing All segments EXCEPT the repetitions in the Editor view

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »