Thread poster: Katherine Hornsby

Katherine Hornsby
Italy
Local time: 02:29
Member (2017)
Italian to English
Jul 19, 2015

Hello,
I have been using trados studio 2014 for a little over a year and I am in the middle of a translation. Actually, I have almost finished it, another 18% to go....I was working on it last night. No problem. I shut it down as usual and turned off my pc.
When I switched on my pc, I discovered that I cannot open either trados or multiterm desktop and I have no idea why. I haven't done anything different. An error message come su which reads "A connectionto SDL Multiterm Server unknown could not be established. Please check your connection settings." For Trados I fare no better:: Impossible eseguire la richiesta a causa di un errore di dispositivo I/O. (Eccezione da HRESULT: 0x8007045D).

What have I done??? I really wouldn't know where to start....

Thank you for any help at all
Theresa

OK maybe I have resolved....phew!! Just incase it happens to anyone else. In the haze of my technological ineptness....I gathered something about McAfee........I had noticed McAfee trying to install itself on my pc last night, but thought little of it. But I have disinstalled and Trados is working again....Hurrah!!

[Edited at 2015-07-19 16:50 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Multiterm server unknown

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search