Peter Simon  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 08:32
Member (2013)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jul 20, 2015

Dear Support/colleagues,

I've arrived at a point when I have to employ a new computer to help me with my work but I'm a bit weary of how best to transfer my SDL Trados Studio 2014 to the new one.

I have a one-machine licence and I have my account, licence number etc, but I'd like to know what are the steps to follow. I hope I don't have to de-install the program from the old machine, only de-activate it there. But before I activate the new installation on the new machine? Or can I not install the program at all until I de-install it on the old one? Before de-installation, do I have to deactivate the licence? To do de-activation, there's help on our accounts, but I'm afraid I lose the only workhorse I have if something goes amiss and I can't properly do everything. I'm not of the computer generation and if something can go wrong, it will go wrong when I touch it ...

Thank you for your help. Kind regards,

Peter Simon

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Blog post Jul 21, 2015

Peter Simon wrote:

how best to transfer my SDL Trados Studio 2014 to the new one.

I transferred Studio 2014 to a new computer last year and wrote about it here:
http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2014/02/11/studio-on-a-new-computer/

Sandra& Kenneth  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 09:32
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Thanks, Emma! Jul 21, 2015

I am also planning to install Studio on a new computer in the near future. Your advice is very relevant indeed, and excellent, as usual!

Thanks!
Much appreciated,

Sandra

Peter Simon  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2013)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Emma, Jul 21, 2015

a great description of the process. I hope I won't botch it. Lots of thanks,

Peter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proper steps of transfering Tr. St. 2014 to a new computer

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search