Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:40
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Jul 23, 2015

Yesterday I translated a small file in Studio and sent off the returnpackage. The project was saved with the extension .sdlrpx. Today the customer noticed I had forgotten one segment, and asked me to send the corrected file.
I had already removed the project from the project list. When I tried to open the project the extension should have been .sdlproj. When I double clicked on the .sdlrpx-file, Studio could not open it.
So in a hurry I translated the file from the original package. But this left me wondering where the .sdlproj-file might be? And what is this .sdlrpx for?

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 13:40
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
.sdlrpx means something like SDL Studio return package Jul 23, 2015

Originally you received an .sdlppx package from your client, and when you create the return package, it will have the sdlrpx extension. (notice ppx and rpx in the extensions.)

You should not try to open the package (I think you need to import it, though I have never tried it myself), but rather open the original project. Surely you still have it on your hard disk so that you could open it, even if you have removed it from the list of projects. Look for a file with the sdlproj as extension.

Roy

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:40
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, I was confused Jul 23, 2015

Its the habit of Studio to save files on the former location instead of asking for the right location every time. The project file was in quite different folders from the other stuff.

Muhammad Said  Identity Verified
Egypt
Member (2013)
English to Arabic
+ ...
change the return package extension Jul 24, 2015

Hi,

You can change the SDL Trados return package extention into .rar and you will find all the inside folders you have already delivered. Then, you can amend all what you need in the bilingual file. Finally, rezip the folders again and after that change the extension from rar into .sdlrpx.

Regards,
Muhammad

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is .sdlrpx for?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search