Error message after startup of Studio 2014 SP2 - after reinstallation
Thread poster: Adepto Norway

Adepto Norway  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:45
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Jul 24, 2015

Hello everyone! I have an issue with Trados Studio 2014 (first time this happens). I get the following error (see screenshot below) - I tried a repair first, but that didn't do the trick. I tried to reinstall it, and that went fine. However, after setup of the five languages, it still threw this error.

Service 'SDL. TranslationStudio.Api.ProjectManagement.lProjectManagementService' could not be started.
+ Failed to load project data from "my location of the"\projects.xml

Perhaps this file was left after I removed the software and tried a new fresh installation.
But I was surprised that a new fresh installation would give me errors, it never has before.

Does anyone have any knowledge about how to fix this? I am not sure what else I can do ... I use Windows 8.1., if that helps.

Thanks!

Bard Saeter

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:45
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
projects.xml file Jul 24, 2015

Close Studio and try deleting the projects.xml file here:
C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Studio 2014\Projects

If this works, once Studio opens you'll have to re-open any current projects one by one.

Tony Bennjamin  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 11:45
Indonesian to English
+ ...
Error Message starting up the Studio 2014 after Update Aug 2, 2015

I couldn't open up the Trados 2014 after the updates. Instead, I'd received this message:
"
Could not load file or assembly 'Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi, Version=4.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
-
System.IO.FileLoadException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Sdl.TranslationStudioAutomation.IntegrationApi, Version=4.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888
WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

mscorlib
-
- c__DisplayClass1`2.b__0(IExtension extension)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at Sdl.Core.PluginFramework.Integration.ExtensionBuilderFactory.Build[TAttribute,TResult](ExtensionArguments arguments, Boolean useCache)
at Sdl.Core.PluginFramework.Integration.ExtensionsFactory.Create[TAttribute,TResult](ExtensionArguments arguments, Boolean useCache)
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.ViewRegistry.get_ViewDescriptors()
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.StudioWindow.Init()
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Studio.CreateWindowInternal(Boolean setActive)
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Studio.Run()
at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Application.Launcher.RunApplication()"

However, when I had re-install the program, it asks me to update the Trados. After the update, I keep getting this message. Please help me.

Thank you

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message after startup of Studio 2014 SP2 - after reinstallation

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search