https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/288688-in_review_mode_how_to_autopropagate_a_segment_with_%22translation_approved%22_status.html

In Review Mode, How to AutoPropagate a segment with "Translation Approved" Status
Thread poster: Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa
Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa
Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:22
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jul 25, 2015

Hello colleagues,

I'm reviewing a huge project in Studio 2014 with many repetitions. I'm using the AutoPropagate function to AutoPropagate my corrections inside the same file, at least. The AutoPropagate propagates a segment that I've corrected, but the ones I've only approved with no corrections, Studio does not propagate! Do you know why this can be happening?

Thanks in advance!

Heloisa

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 20:22
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Try autopropagate from 1st segment Jul 25, 2015

Perhaps you have autopropagation from current segment onwards?

Though if you don't do any changes to a segment, I would have expected the segment to have been autopropagated already before you received the project, so there should not be any reason to autopropagate it.

Roy

Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa
Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:22
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Roy, but then how will I know if I had already approved that segment or not? Jul 25, 2015

I'm working in the Review Mode with the Track Changes on.

For instance, I review a segment and use Ctrl+Enter to change the status to Translation Approved and move to the next not approved segment. I noticed that, when I correct the segment, the corrections are already AutoPropagated to the segment when it appears again in the file and the segment status is Translation Approved, so Studio ignores that segment and moves to the next, non-aproved translation. But when I use Ctrl+Enter
... See more

For instance, I review a segment and use Ctrl+Enter to change the status to Translation Approved and move to the next not approved segment. I noticed that, when I correct the segment, the corrections are already AutoPropagated to the segment when it appears again in the file and the segment status is Translation Approved, so Studio ignores that segment and moves to the next, non-aproved translation. But when I use Ctrl+Enter to change to Translation Approved a segment that I didn't have to change anything, Studio doesn't automatically change all the same segments to Translation Approved, so I keep stopping at them all the time.

I tried Autopropagate from 1st segment and it didn't work.

What I'm probably doing wrong?
Collapse

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
It did not work to me either Jul 26, 2015

Same thing here. Re: Why Trados Studio 2014 users should never grant a discount for repeated segments in a review file

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 20:22
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Yes, auto approving should work in review mode Jul 26, 2015

Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa wrote:

But when I use Ctrl+Enter to change to Translation Approved a segment that I didn't have to change anything, Studio doesn't automatically change all the same segments to Translation Approved, so I keep stopping at them all the time.

Good point, and I can see that Studio really should show that the 100% matches have been approved in review mode. I was thinking as a translator which would be a different thing, of course. I wonder if SDL hasn't considered the different need for reviewers from translators here. And of course, it also means not accepting a discount for repeated segmetns in a review file.

Roy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In Review Mode, How to AutoPropagate a segment with "Translation Approved" Status

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »