Error message when using SDLXLIFF to Legacy Converter: please help!
Thread poster: Vinciane Arreghini (X)
Vinciane Arreghini (X)
Vinciane Arreghini (X)  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 03:08
English to French
Jul 27, 2015

Dear fellow translators,

An agency sent me sdlxliff files to work on and asked me to convert them into ttx before sending them back. I have finished translating the whole project, but can not seem to convert the files.

When I try to process the conversion, an error message pops up saying "Impossible to load file or assembly 'Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Implementation, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888' or one of its depences. File cann
... See more
Dear fellow translators,

An agency sent me sdlxliff files to work on and asked me to convert them into ttx before sending them back. I have finished translating the whole project, but can not seem to convert the files.

When I try to process the conversion, an error message pops up saying "Impossible to load file or assembly 'Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Implementation, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888' or one of its depences. File cannot be found".

I do not understand this message, nor do I know what to do to achieve the conversion. I really hope someone will be able to help me. I would be infinitely grateful

I also wish a nice week to you all!

PS: I use SDL Trados 2015

[Modifié le 2015-07-27 19:55 GMT]

[Modifié le 2015-07-27 19:55 GMT]

[Modifié le 2015-07-27 19:56 GMT]
Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 04:08
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Why do they want an ttx file when sending you an sdlxliff file? Jul 27, 2015

I find the request very strange. If they wanted a ttx file in the first place, they should have sent you a ttx file rather than an sdlxliff file, which would make life much easier for you.

But I found the following link, which I hope may be of help:
http://wiki.kommunicera.se/index.php?title=How_to_convert_sdlxliff_to_ttx

Or perhaps
... See more
I find the request very strange. If they wanted a ttx file in the first place, they should have sent you a ttx file rather than an sdlxliff file, which would make life much easier for you.

But I found the following link, which I hope may be of help:
http://wiki.kommunicera.se/index.php?title=How_to_convert_sdlxliff_to_ttx

Or perhaps: https://probahasa.wordpress.com/2012/11/19/sdl-trados-studio-2011-sdlxliff-to-legacy-converter/

Please note that I have not tried this myself.

Roy

[Edited at 2015-07-27 20:10 GMT]
Collapse

Vinciane Arreghini (X)
Vinciane Arreghini (X)  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 03:08
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Still have the error message poping up! Jul 27, 2015

Hi Ron,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my desperate message! Unfortunately, the link describes exactly what I have tried a couple of times in vain. The error message keeps showing up...

Thanks again Ron. If I cannot solve this problem, I will have to send them the sdlxliff files.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message when using SDLXLIFF to Legacy Converter: please help!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »