SDL STudio 2015: no term recognition
Thread poster: LuxTranslations

LuxTranslations  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 16:19
Member (2011)
German to French
+ ...
Jul 30, 2015

Hello,

I sadly enough upgrated to studio 2015, so there is no return... can anybody explain to me why term recognition does NOT work? It was supposed to be compatible with Studio 2014... I reorganised my termbanks, but this won't do.

Thanks for any help on this issue.

Caroline


 

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:19
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
More details needed Jul 30, 2015

Can you specify what the problem is: are you getting an error message when you add a termbase, are the red brackets missing in the source segments, do you not get any results when you search for a term in the term recognition window?...

 

LuxTranslations  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 16:19
Member (2011)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
some results come, but not all Jul 30, 2015

I did not get any result. In the meantime, some results are shown, but not as many as in the term bank.

[Modifié le 2015-07-30 08:38 GMT]

[Modifié le 2015-07-30 08:38 GMT]


 

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:19
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Some ideas Jul 30, 2015

Suggestion for no result: Make sure the term recognition window is on top. Click the term recognition tab below this window, and make sure termbase search isn't showing.

Suggestion for not enough results:

If the segment is huge (more than 1000 characters), the last terms won't be highlighted. This limit used to be 250 characters, so it's better now, in Studio 2015.

Two-letter terms aren't recognised unless you specify this:
Project settings>Language pairs>all lang pairs>termbases>search settings

You could also try tweaking the percentages in the same place.

Hope some of these ideas help!


 

LuxTranslations  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 16:19
Member (2011)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
it seems to be an issue due to an underscore separator Jul 30, 2015

Hello,
I think I found the reason why this does not work: the whole text is in capital letters and many words are not separated by a blank but by an underscore. So, multiterm simply won't recognise the terms.

thanks for your help
caroline


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL STudio 2015: no term recognition

Advanced search







Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search