Is Trados 2011/2014/2015 compatible with Windows 10?
Thread poster: Alain Alameddine

Alain Alameddine  Identity Verified
Lebanon
Local time: 16:33
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
Jul 30, 2015

There's been a lot of talk online about whether Trados 2011/2014/2015 is compatible with Windows 10 or not. Now that Windows 10 is out, has anyone tried?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ian Giles  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:33
Member (2012)
Swedish to English
+ ...
No major problems Jul 30, 2015

That I've spotted so far. 2014 appears to work as it did before. 2011 starts up (haven't done anything else with it though). 2015 seems okay too - worth noting that when I upgraded to Windows 10, 2015 forgot it was licensed. I had to have SDL reset the license to get it activated again.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:33
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Deactivate Studio license before upgrading to Win 10 Jul 30, 2015

Ian Giles wrote:

when I upgraded to Windows 10, 2015 forgot it was licensed. I had to have SDL reset the license to get it activated again.

Good point, Ian.

Note for anyone reading this thread in the future:
Deactivate your Studio license whenever you make any major change to your computer, such as reformatting the hard disk, re-installing an operating system or installing a new O/S.

To deactivate a license, go to the Ribbon>Help>Product Activation>Deactivate

Gabriele Demuth  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to German
Emma Jul 30, 2015

Thank you!

I was not aware Windows 10 was out yet as I expected a prompt to upgrade, but I will look into it.

I assume it is easy to do and re-activating works in the same way.

[Edited at 2015-07-30 11:00 GMT]

Ian Giles  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2012)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Slightly surprising Jul 30, 2015

Yes, absolutely.

It's only a little surprising, because the move from Windows 7/8.1 shouldn't count as too major - the Windows upgrade process manages to preserve all other apps/settings/licenses (or at least it did in my case) - so it's a pity that Studio didn't keep up. But by no means a disaster.

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

Ian Giles wrote:

when I upgraded to Windows 10, 2015 forgot it was licensed. I had to have SDL reset the license to get it activated again.

Good point, Ian.

Note for anyone reading this thread in the future:
Deactivate your Studio license whenever you make any major change to your computer, such as reformatting the hard disk, re-installing an operating system or installing a new O/S.

To deactivate a license, go to the Ribbon>Help>Product Activation>Deactivate

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is Trados 2011/2014/2015 compatible with Windows 10?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search