Help! Can Trados 2014 automatically correct tag placement ?
Thread poster: Matthieu Delage

Matthieu Delage  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:49
English to French
+ ...
Jul 30, 2015

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a project in which 70 % the words I have to translate are actually high fuzzies (75-99%) I have to adjust. Most of these high-fuzzy segments contain several tags. The typical format goes Text-tag-text-tag-text-tag.

My issue is that for most high-fuzzy segments, I have to slightly readjust the tags (usually to make sure there is no space added or missing) to make sure I don't get an error message. But the only way I manage to readjust them correctly is by copying and pasting into the target text each tag and the spaces which surround it. Or by copying and pasting the whole source segment and then rewriting every word from source to target language. Both things take almost as much time as if there had been no fuzzy at all.

Is there a function (or a magic trick...) in Trados 2014 to automatically correct tag placement when they have been misplaced in your high fuzzies (example: Trados detects that your target text has additional spaces after certain tags and automatically deletes these spaces for you)? That would save me an enormous amount of time.

Thank you very much for your answers!

Matthieu

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help! Can Trados 2014 automatically correct tag placement ?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search