Lucy Williams
Lucy Williams  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:32
Spanish to English
Jul 30, 2015

Hello,

I wonder if someone can help me.

I use Trados 2014. An agency sent me a small sdlxliff file to translate. I created a file based TM to go with it and have translated it and confirmed all the segments. I tried to save the target file and I get this message:

Failed to save target content. There is no original file type associated with this file.

How can I fix it so I can save the target file?

Thanks,
Lucy

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Had this one on previous versions of Trados. Jul 30, 2015

What I did was running the original source file through the TM that was created once again and basically then you get a new, separate target file, then try saving this one.

I'm sure somebody has a more elegant solution, but this one worked for me.

Lucy Williams
Spain
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
New project Jul 30, 2015

I've just tried creating it as a new project (I only have the sdlxliff to work with from the client) and adding the TM so it prepopulates everything but I get the same thing again.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
No source, then no target Jul 30, 2015

Lucy Williams wrote:

An agency sent me a small sdlxliff file to translate.

If you start with a native source file, you can save a native target file.
If you start with an sdlxliff file, that's what you'll have to deliver. The agency should be able to produce the translated file.
Studio can't recreate a non-existent file by magic!

Lucy Williams
Spain
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
I see what you mean Jul 30, 2015

I've had sdlxliff files from other agencies but actually now that I look at them they have the .docx suffix and this one doesn't. I don't think I've used a file like this before actually except to proof read in Trados.
I wanted to save the target file as I wanted to proof in the original format (I had assumed it was Word).

Thanks for explaining.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"There is no original file type definition associated with this file"

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »