Thread poster: Madeleine Chevassus

Madeleine Chevassus  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:34
Member (2010)
English to French
Aug 5, 2015

Hello

I use to work with Studio 2014 in a W8 environment. I plan to buy a backup PC which will probably run in Windows 10. (the previous one just died)

Of course, I'd like to have similar softwares on both PCs. I don't need particularly Studio 2015.

I would like to know whether Studio 2014 (and all companion applis like Multiterm) runsin Windows 10?

if not, When would that be available?

reciprocally, I would like to know whether Studio 2015 (and all companion applis like Multiterm) run in Windows 10? in Windows 8? is it in beta or in general release?

Thank you

Madeleine

Direct link Reply with quote

Merab Dekano  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not in my case Aug 5, 2015

Some say Studio 2014 works fine with Windows 10. A few say it does not. Well, I'm one of the few, then. The error message si:

"Service 'Sdl. Translation Studio.AlignmentEditor.lAlignmentEditorService' could not be started."

And the thing would not start.

Luckily, I also have DVX3, which is my bread and butter.

My Studio 2014 is actually "Plus", so two licenses trashed.

If anybody raises the dead, do drop the line here. Not looking forward to upgrading to Studio 2015...

Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:34
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Working so far Aug 5, 2015

Madeleine Chevassus wrote:
I would like to know whether Studio 2014 (and all companion applis like Multiterm) runsin Windows 10?

I've been using the Windows 10 / Studio 2014 combination for a couple of months and it seems to be fine. I plan to wait a while before upgrading to Studio 2015

Regards
Dan

Madeleine Chevassus  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:34
Member (2010)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Studio 14 & W10; Studio 2015 and Windows 10 &/or Windows 8 Aug 5, 2015

Thanks a lot for your answers and rather positive experience for Studio 2014 and W10;

Well, I would appreciate to get an official SDL answer for most combinations:

Studio 14 & W10; Studio 2015 and Windows 10 &/or Windows 8.

Best

Madeleine

Vladimir Pochinov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:34
Member (2002)
English to Russian
Studio 2015 Professional & Windows 8.1 under Parallels Desktop on MacBook Pro Aug 6, 2015

I have been using this combination since Studio 2015 became available. Everything runs smoothly so far.

Carolyn Denoncourt  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:34
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
SDL chart of "compatibility" in its Knowledge Base Aug 15, 2015

SDL has posted a chart of which of its products are supported with various Microsoft Operating Systems in an undated Knowledge Base article. Here is the link:
http://kb.sdl.com/kb/?ArticleId=3261#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:3261

I'm sure this is no comfort to those for whom it did not work, but it IS a definitive statement from SDL. I use Studio 2014 and I am about to try get the Windows 10 upgrade. I'm crossing my fingers and will report back to the forum.

Rodrigo Castillo H.
Chile
Local time: 11:34
English to Spanish
Working without problems Aug 15, 2015

It is working without problems so far.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

W10 and SDL Studio.

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search