Germany
Local time: 11:30
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Aug 5, 2015

Dear colleagues, dear Paul,

I'd like to see the following function in Studio:

I frequently get source texts where I'm asked to translate only some parts. The parts that should be translated (or left out) are usually highlighted in a specific colour. In Word, I hide the parts that don't need to be translated, so the sdlxliff will contain only the relevant parts. This enables me to do a realistic word count, it prevents that my TM gets contaminated with irrelevant segments etc. etc.

However, this means that I sometimes need to consult the source text in Word for context, where I need to manually identify which sentence I'm currently working on in the sdlxliff.

It would be nice if I could see the hidden text in the preview window of Studio, so I can see the segment I'm currently working on within its context. This should of course be optional.

Or is this already possible now? Please let me know!

Kind regards,
Erik

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 17:30
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
They are in tag texts of Trados Studio Aug 5, 2015

Erik Freitag wrote:

It would be nice if I could see the hidden text in the preview window of Studio, so I can see the segment I'm currently working on within its context. This should of course be optional.
Erik

They are already in tag texts of Trados Studio. When you show the tags fully in an option, all hidden texts in MS Word are displayed as tag texts (e.g. with default color of purple).
You can read the hidden texts in the Studio Editor window.

Soonthon L.

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:30
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Doesn't work Aug 5, 2015

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.) wrote:

They are already in tag texts of Trados Studio. When you show the tags fully in an option, all hidden texts in MS Word are displayed as tag texts (e.g. with default color of purple).
You can read the hidden texts in the Studio Editor window.

Soonthon L.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but as far as I can see, the hidden text is completely left out during creation of the sdlxliff. Maybe your suggestion works when I hide single words (and the hidden text would appear within inline tags in the SDLXLIFF), but I'm hiding complete segments/paragraphs.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestion: Make hidden text visible in preview

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search