Ronan Grace  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 15:05
Member (2015)
German to English
+ ...
Aug 10, 2015

Hi,

I'm having a problem opening a package (.sdlppx) I've received from a client.

When I select Open Package and point to the file, the Browse option (to select the folder the save the project content) which is usually visible is not shown. Instead I can see an item "Include Subfolders" which is not usually present.
From here, the only option available to me is to click Finish. After doing so, the project does not appear in my open projects list, and there seems t
... See more
Hi,

I'm having a problem opening a package (.sdlppx) I've received from a client.

When I select Open Package and point to the file, the Browse option (to select the folder the save the project content) which is usually visible is not shown. Instead I can see an item "Include Subfolders" which is not usually present.
From here, the only option available to me is to click Finish. After doing so, the project does not appear in my open projects list, and there seems to be no way to actually access the file for translation.

This is the first time I've ever encountered this error. I've successfully opened other packages today (with the Browse option present, as normal), so I'm wondering if this is a Trados Studio issue or an issue with the file I've been sent.

From old threads, I've seen that this issue also occurred for a few other people in the past, but I couldn't find a resolution for it that helps me. It also seems to be different in my case, as it's occurring for just one specific package file only.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks,
Ronan
Collapse

Patrick Porter
Patrick Porter
United States
Local time: 11:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
Second batch in same project? Aug 11, 2015

This sometimes happens for me when the client is sending a second package containing a new batch of files for a continued or ongoing project. In those cases, instead of prompting for a location and adding a new project, the new files get added to the original project. Could that be what is happening in your case?

Ronan Grace
Ireland
Member (2015)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yes, it is a second batch Aug 11, 2015

but the file does not seem to get added to the first batch. It doesn't show up anywhere after clicking Finish.

When this happened for you, did the files from both batches appear under the original project?

Patrick Porter
Patrick Porter
United States
Local time: 11:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
Yes...the files appear under the original project Aug 11, 2015

Ronan Grace wrote:

but the file does not seem to get added to the first batch. It doesn't show up anywhere after clicking Finish.

When this happened for you, did the files from both batches appear under the original project?

For me, when this has been the case, the files have appeared in the original project. Perhaps there is an error with your package. You could ask the client about it. Also, you can explore the contents of the package, which is basically a compressed archive containing the project folders/files...I use 7-Zip for this kind of thing... not sure if that will help you here, but in case you want to have a look at the contents inside.

Ronan Grace
Ireland
Member (2015)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your help! Aug 14, 2015

I got another file from the client in the end and worked on that separately.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Browse button not available when opening package in Studio 2014

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »