Possibility of purchasing extra activation for Trados Studio 2011 Freelance
Thread poster: madrid78
madrid78
Local time: 07:58
French to English
+ ...
Aug 12, 2015

Dear all,

I've been trying to purchase an extra activation for my Trados Studio 2011 Freelance (I don't have the plus version) but according to SDL I must upgrade to 2015 Freelance Plus to secure two activations. This seems a bitty unfair as it's expensive and whilst I wouldn't rule out upgrading to 2015 Freelance Plus at some point, I can't do it immediately.

Anyone else with a similar issue?

SDL said that I could install 2011 on two computers (PC and laptop) and switch between them by deactivating the licence on one and activating it on another but not sure how feasible this is. Does anyone have experience of this? I tend to use both devices a lot.

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Switching lisence between two computers have been no problem in the past Aug 12, 2015

I can't guarantee that you won't have any problems with deactivating the lisence on one computer and activating it on the other, as I don't use 2011 any longer, but it has been no problem in the past. I have two machines at home, and have done just that.

Of course, if you have to do it a lot, it can be somewhat frustrating, since you have to go to your page on the SDL server all the time, but except for that I don't see any problem.

Roy

madrid78
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
There's also the shared network issue... Aug 12, 2015

Thanks for your helpful reply Roy.

The more I look into this, the more I think that this might be the better option (if its feasible) as if I'm not mistaken I wouldn't even be able to run Trados on both machines together on the same home network anyway. Which makes me wonder what the added value of two activations is ...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Possibility of purchasing extra activation for Trados Studio 2011 Freelance

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search