Multiterm widget opens by itself and unnecessarily
Thread poster: Andrzej Mierzejewski

Andrzej Mierzejewski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:21
Polish to English
+ ...
Aug 12, 2015

I have Studio 2011/2014 with Multiterm 2014 SP2 11.2.1379.0.

I have problem with Multiterm Widget opening without any conscious action on my part, and without Trados operating.

This voluntary Multiterm activity occurs at random: several times a day, or once a week. It can occur during the Windows start-up procedure or when I'm opening one of my browsers (Firefox, Chrome) or when I'm browsing. In each case my computer hangs and only unfreezes after numerous Ctrl+Alt+Del hits or after a complete deenergization of my computer (which, of course, wastes my time and makes me furious). To make it clear: when Trados is not open and I do not need Widget to search for anything.

What can be the reason? May be, I hit a specific shortcut opening the Widget even that I dont't know this?
What do I do to prevent Widget from opening by itself?

Rgds

Andrzej Mierzejewski

Direct link Reply with quote

Andrzej Mierzejewski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:21
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Continuing... Aug 12, 2015

When open, Widget is very unwilling to close. I must hit the Close button many times, maybe even 10 times (who would count exactly?). Why is this 'creature' so stubborn? Could you explain?

All in all, I find Trados much less user-friendly than competitive CAT software.

Rgds

Andrzej Mierzejewski

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm widget opens by itself and unnecessarily

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search